After that major barrage of rich flavours from Mitsuyado Sei-Men next door, we decided to end the meal with something a little more familiar. I ran over to Yamato Bakery (there’s a door beside the “barbershop” in Mitsuyado), which is also owned by the same company that manages Mitsuyado Sei-Men and UCC Vienna Cafe.

Even though their pastries are a little expensive, you can see that they don’t scrimp on the ingredients especially with the fruit toppings and nut toppings. It was nighttime already when we came to eat so the selection of the breads on display was already limited to the last of the day. Luckily they had a batch of freshly baked Maple Croissants which we bought and took home for breakfast the next day. They were really good!

I loved their selection of matcha-filled and -based pastries. It’s something I’ve been keen on making in my own kitchen, but so far I have not found great success in terms of getting the matcha flavour to really liven up the pastry!

I brought back some Strawberry Shortcake and Matcha-Filled Cream Puffs for dessert. They looked ALMOST too good to eat. Almost.

TakeAway