One lunch, my mom randomly called me up if I wanted to have lunch with her in a Thai restaurant along Tomas Morato named Thaipan.

The menu featured a number of Thai fare which are not typical to Thai restaurants in the Philippines; which made it a delight to choose from.
Thai Milk Tea
I decided to start of my meal with the Thai Milk Tea (P95). Sadly, I found it too bitter and too creamy. Luckily, once the ice melted by a bit; it made the drink more bearable to drink.
Crispy Thai Crepe
For our appetizer, we decided to try a very interesting appetizer, the Crispy Thai Crepe (P325). It's basically shrimp and pork wrapped with mashed corn and bean bits; served with sweet and sour sauce dip, atchara and vinegar. It had a 15-20 minute preparation time...which of course heightened my expectations for it. Sadly, despite its quirkiness, I found it a bit bland. It also got a bit too tiring to eat.
Panang Pla Kapong Yang Bai Ton
We also ordered the interesting Panang Pla Kapong Yang Bai Tong (P340), grilled fish fillet char-grilled in a banana leaf; smothered with Thai panang curry with a beautiful and creamy coconut sauce base. Again, it was a new dish that I have encountered; and I definitely enjoyed devouring through this dish!
Phad Thai
Of course, I needed to order my Thai restaurant must-have, the Phad Thai (P310); the traditional Thai-style fried rice noodles with shrimp, pork, tofu, beansprouts, chives and peanuts. I actually failed to catch a shot of the actual Phad Thai before it was mixed; however, who cares what it looks like when it tastes immensely delicious?? I actually thought that Basil's had the best Phad Thai in town; Thaipan's would definitely make Basil have a run for its money!

Overall, Thaipan may be a bit pricier than most Thai restaurants; yet it definitely has a breathtaking ambiance and interesting menu choices that would definitely pique one's interest!
2013-04-30
Phad Thai
Taste
Never Ending Thai Cravings
This would probably be my third visit to this hidden Thai restaurant in the Scout area. In my pr
steffi.cchua
2014-05-25
Impressive Thai Food
I've been wanting to visit Thaipan ever since I've seen the yummy-looking food pictures our Christia
alphatsinay
2013-10-19
Amazingly Thai
Although the restaurant has been in the business since 2010, it is only today that I get to dine her
thekitchengoddess