Nihonbashi Tei is my go-to restaurant for authentic Japanese Cuisine. I've eaten here a number of times and the food is just spectacular every time I dine here. I particularly love the sushi and sashimi platters along with the generous Donmono sets. If you're looking for great-tasting Japanese cuisine, this should be on top of your list of restaurants to consider.

Here's why Nihonbashi Tei remains to be one of my favorite Japanese restaurants.
The Spicy Tori Maki is some of the best sushi I have ever tasted and it's Nihonbashi Tei's bestselling sushi plate - so a lot of people probably agree on that. The really spicy flavors that you'd get out of that Tuna mix is really good. It also has a crunchy texture that's lovely to chew on. This dish and Unagi Oshizushi rank on top, in my opinion, when it comes to Nihonbashi Tei's sushi platters.
I also love their take on the California Rolls and Salmon Nigiri. All the plates that come out of the kitchen look like fresh, beautiful plates that you would find in a traditional Japanese restaurants. I haven't had a bad sushi platter so far in Nihonbashi Tei, so everything in the sushi menu will come out delicious.
The Ankake Ramen (Php 280), which is seafood ramen, is also quite taste. Unfortunately, Ramen Nagi came in and ruined this dish for me because I now prefer the rich, creamy broth in my ramen rather than the traditional slimy texture you'd get from this bowl. Don't be disheartened, if you're looking for some good seafood soup then this is actually pretty good.
As for the rice bowls, you can't go wrong with some Katsu Don (Php 260). I wonder why I really love this dish because it's really just chicken coated with some scrambled eggs. It's actually quite a tasty, generous bowl to go with some sushi. The Omu Rice (Php 220) is also quite delicious, and it's really just a large, tasty Japanese-style omelette with some ketchup on top.
I'm not sure what the bowl above is, but it's also really tasty. I think it's Salmon on top of some green-tea steeped rice. It was tasty and the Salmon was cooked beautifully, but it's not one of my favorites - and thus not too memorable.

Nihonbashi Tei remains to be one of the dirtiest places I have ever eaten in. However, if you remove ambiance (old seats and some cockroaches) from the equation and focus on the food, they also serve some of the best authentic Japanese food in Metro Manila.

The service was also pretty pedestrian as the waiters could have been friendlier and more attentive, but that's not going to stop me from enjoying some tasty Japanese food.

Food Quality: 4.5
Service Quality: 3.0
Ambiance: 3.0

Overall Quality: 4.0

Head on over to Nihonbashi Tei for some authentic Japanese plates. You will definitely enjoy the food.

Cheers,
Chef Jay
www.chefjayskitchen.com
20 mins (Dine In)
₱300 (Dinner)
Spicy Tori Maki, Katsudon, Unagi Oshizushi
Taste
Good broth
My dad has been raving about this place and for me, whenever my dad says something is good... that m
pixiedust
2012-11-26
Close to comfort
Its rainy season again, the wind blowing, waters falling and a sudden gloom fills the sky. Normaly,
E.K.L
2012-06-29
Nihon Bashitei (San Lorenzo )
Great food, but cannot be trusted
We were treated like we were imbaciles! I used to love eating at this establishment, but I cannot ea
vegasboy