I have always been a fan of grilled meat and spicy food; thus, Korean cuisine is something that warmed up easily to me. I cannot appreciate other parts of Korean culture such as its music and its fashion; however, I'm definitely a sucker for its spicy bean paste, and of course, its kimchi!

Contrary to the trend of simple and traditional Korean samgyeopsal houses that have popped up in the Metro, Bulgogi Brothers focuses in serving Korean cuisine in a very trendy and modern way, bearing the trademark of The Bistro Group.
Sides
Just like most Korean barbecue restaurants, the meal came with complimentary tea and side dishes. However, the side dishes were quite few in number, featuring only small plates of kimchi and fried dilis; together with corn quarters and sweet potato chunks.
Haemul Doenjangjjigae
To warm us up, my mom decided to order the Haemul Doenjang-jjgae (P395), which was a delightful soybean stew reminiscent of a really good and tasty Japanese miso soup.
Haemul Gungjung Mandu
Despite our undesirable experience with the Haemul Gungjung Mandu (P450 for 6 pieces /P678 for 10 pieces) in our previous visit, it was nice to know that the dumpling wrapper was not as inedible as before. They were actually crunchy and tasty; which allowed us to appreciate how lovely the spicy seafood lent contrast to the well-marinated dumplings.
Bulgogi Bibimbap
We also had their Bulgogi Bibimbap (P295), which was delicious, but not really strikingly different from what other Korean restaurants offer.
Premium Ribeye and Boneless Short Ribs
Korean Pork Belly Tong Samgyeopsal
We then had the Premium Ribeye and Boneless Short Ribs Combo (P995 - good for 2; P1896 - good for 3-4), as well as the Korean Pork Belly Tong Samgyeopsal (P245 - solo, P395 - to share) which were all tastefully marinated. I loved how well they tasted with the dips they were served. Also, one would be pampered in this restaurant, as the attendants would be more than willing to help out with the cooking of your meat! I actually am more partial to the Korean Pork Belly. Not only does it come out as more affordable, it was also tastier than the combo.
Sogogi Japchae
Lastly, we had the Sogogi Japchae (P350). I absolutely love this glass-noodle dish, traditionally tossed with egg strips, vegetables, bulgogi strips and topped with sesame seeds. However, Bulgogi Brothers' version of it adds a handful of sogogi, which would be the chewy log-shaped rice pancake chunks which I'm not really a big fan of. I find it bland and find the texture quite unappealing.

Overall though, how can I not enjoy this meal when dishes were excellently prepared! Also, watch out for their free gift certificates offering 50% from their meat selections and/or P500 from your total bill to make your meal even more worth it!
2013-07-14
Taste
Lets go Bulgogi!
We opted to try Bulgogi Brothers at Greenbelt 5 because we were big fans of the Bistro group of rest
team_aldous
2013-01-07
Distinctly Korean
People have been raving about this place and of course, that got to my curiosity again. I have alway
pixiedust
2012-12-04
Steak and Ribs at Bulgogi Brothers
Craving for some steak and ribs grilled right on your table? if you find yourself craving for a high
the food dude