It was a Sunday morning again! and as always its Family Day and since, my uncle and his family is still here for vacation the best place to bond is at a Chinese Restaurant haha.

Ever since, my uncle arrived here at the Philippines he would always say that we should eat again at Yang Chow. I do admit the food at Yang Chow tastes great although, the service is still a little slow. It is actually situated at Shopwise Libis.
It was my second time to eat at Yang Chow Tea House and this time, we were able to get a table inside the restaurant. The place is not particularly big and by the looks of it, people do come here because of the delicious food that is served at this restaurant.

We ordered a couple of our favorites and a few new dishes to try out. As mentioned the service here was not that great. What happened was that, the main dishes this time was served on time but the rice took forever to arrive. My uncle already tried to follow up on it a couple of times and he called for the Manager. So, as the Manager arrived, my uncle was actually polite and explained the situation that I think they should at least try to serve the main dish the same time with the rice and the Manager was apologetic about it, which was a good thing. But other than the complain, my uncle praised the Manager about the food saying that, hopefully they would have better service because he honestly said that the food was great. So hopefully Yang Chow does something about it.

So the food:
For our starter we had dumplings. The first that was served was probably Pork Siomai not really sure haha but it tasted great. The meat was tender and was delicious with soy sauce.
I think this was Pork Siomai
As for the Hakaw which was also delicious was more of the sticky side and bits of prawns inside the wrapper. Tastes also great when dipped with soy sauce.
Hakaw
For the main dish, the waitress offered one of their new dishes, which was Lechon Macau. I've tried it in Lutong Macau and enjoyed it a lot. As the one offered here at Yang Chow, well... its not one of their best dishes. The meat was dry and lacked taste and it seemed like normal fried pork, nothing special about it.
Lechon Macau
Then another dish we tried out was their duck (since, we got addicted the last time we tried duck haha). It did not fail us, we all enjoyed the duck, although the skin was a little on the fatty taste but all in all we enjoyed it.
Duck
We also ordered Beef with ampalaya, I liked this dish although, the ampalaya was a little on the bitter side, it still tasted delicious for me but not for everyone because of the bitterness.
Beef with Ampalaya
I was not able to take a picture of the Yang Chow fried rice because when it arrived we were all starving and there was no time to take a shot of it hahaha.

All in all, we had a great time even though we experienced a little mishap along the way.

Taste
Hubby's Favorite
My husband's favorite cuisine is Chinese. Last Saturday after we finished our groceries at Shopwise
lscab
2013-12-03
Fish Lips
Fish lips in a soup... sounds disgusting but it's actually tasty We ordered the Fish Soup as an app
2013-10-31
Mandarin & Szechuan Cuisine
Want some Sweet and Sour Pork?Then Yang Chow Dimsum and Tea House is the right place to be!T
MacoyPopoy