Have you read the book “Love Languages”? Well, my husband and I put it to the test on a daily basis. Mine is Words while his is Service and so inevitably, what he appreciates most is Service as well, just as I do, Words. And so, as a form of life-long expression of service, and true to how we have grown our friendship before we got married (we used to be part of a group of 5 who would go to restaurants to try never-been-tasted-food), we found this nook that is best known for good food, Indonyaki. Have long been curious about the countless raves I hear about this pocket resto that we just had to go and try it. We were not disappointed. Read on.
I have never been to Indonesia but if this is what food in Indonesia will be, I can live there forever. Lumpia is a good plate to start with, has a way of neutralizing your taste buds with familiar Pinoy taste and should also prepare you from stronger Indonesia flavour for the next dishes.
Fan of canton? Add in seafood plus Indonyaki’s own authentic taste and you got Seafood Canton. It was a hit with the kids. They did not realize that they were eating seafood that they would not usually eat if served separately.
Other dishes to drool for: Ayam Goreng paired with Indonyaki rice.
2014-09-29