Despite being a frequent visitor of Robinson's Place Manila during my college years, it was only recently that I was able to try Kalye Juan.
The restaurant is decorated simply, which isn't a problem since the food is the real highlight of this place.
Kalye Juan serves classic Filipino food, plus a few things, such as Balot, which you usually don't find in restaurants. Bonus: Kalye Juan's menus serves as the diners' placemats.
You get free kropek while waiting for your meal; a bonus if you're already starving.
I ordered the Lechonsilog. I honestly thought that it would be "lechon", as in the typical lechon you'd find at Baliwag's Lechon, etc. This particular lechon, however, was lechon kawali. The egg, which I expected to be sunny side up (like you would normally find in -silog meals) was served scrambled with tomatoes. It tasted amazing, though. The lechon wasn't greasy and tasted great even without the sauce. The egg was also well-cooked. I'd eat it as a main course.
My boyfriend ordered Pork Sisiglog. It's lean (which I like) and not crispy (which I don't).
Both meals were very filling so dessert (tibok-tibok!) was out of the question.
₱200 (Lunch)
Lechonsilog
Taste
restaurant's other review
Sisig @ Kalye Juan
I went to Robinson's Place Manila (Ermita) to buy a new cellphone because my Samsung phone was alrea
nicwheeler
2011-07-29
Kalye ni Juan
my brother and I are both fond of eating street foods, but we were always scolded by our mother, bec
Chaowarma
2011-07-27
Kalye Juan
We roamed around Robinsons Place Ermita looking for a place to eat. My hubby's family love Filipino
c13l0