Last month, Bloo and I went to Greenbelt for dinner. We've visited Greenbelt almost every month and we have quite checked most dining places in here. We haven't tried all restaurants because there were some places that looked so out of the budget. As we passed along the area of Greenbelt 3, again, I saw Nanbantei of Tokyo. During our last movie date with a friend we were almost close to trying the place but the craving that time wasn't Japanese.

I liked trying most authentic Japanese places in town because I know there's something surprising on it. One of the foods that an authentic restaurant should have is yakitori; a grilled chicken or chicken meat skewered on a bamboo stick and grilled over a charcoal. Nanbantei of Tokyo which is accessible can provide these yakitori favorites.

As we have entered the place it felt like one of the Japanese movies I watched where locals go to their favorite local restaurant. I was really happy and full of excitement. The place was a bit small but can occupy a group of people. I like the dark (black?) wood used on the tables and chairs --it puts more Japanese vibe. There were no other decorations around the area but I didn't find it lacking of something maybe because of the dim lit that completed the beauty of the place. I noticed that there was no smoke going out of the "grilling area" of the chef's maybe because they have good ventilation.

As soon as we seated, we were given a little bowl of fresh vegetables to start off to be dipped on a Japanese paste. (sarap! --love this one grabe pwedeng i.uwe?) Can anyone tell me where I could buy this paste? Other than here.
How good this bean paste? I asked for another little bowl of veggies just to enjoy this dip much more.

There are more than 20 types of grilled food they offer. They have yakitoris, sushi, maki and desserts as well. I ordered a cob of corn because it was rare to have it grilled; is always my craving. I also tried their California Maki; I wanted to check the difference of their maki to other regular maki that I've tried. Proven to be good rather than the ordinary. Bloo wanted to have a light meal so he ordered a cup of rice and chicken meat? I think. It was sooo--yummy! We ordered another stick. I don't find that kind of taste very often.

We were seated on the bar like side of the area fronting the chef's making the maki or doing some grill. I enjoy watching their effortless job which on irony tastes soo good! The prices might look inexpensive but it is because this is priced by pieces. So if you chose to eat many kind of yakitoris and other meals you'll find your bill a little surprising so be careful ordering.

I have not known other Japanese restaurant around a mall that offers this kind of commercial. They indeed have several delicious yakitoris on a reasonable cost. I would definitely recommend this place if you want to try one of a kind Japanese experience.
Over sa crunchy! <3
a bit authentic
2010-09-24
Taste
Nanbantei of Tokyo
Restaurants with grills on the table have become popular nowadays. Most of fine dining japanese or
RACEA
2012-12-12
Yakitori good
Yakitori places have been sprouting all over the metro nowadays. Yakitori is the Japanese version of
bendsalazar
2012-09-20
Nanbantei of Tokyo
FM and I were strolling around looking for a place to have lunch the other day when we chanced upon
Sweetkay