Mexican food has been a recent craving of mine. I wasn't a big fan of it before. I eat Mexican food, but I really don't crave for it. I only liked it when I had a taste of some burritos at a food place in San Juan. Ever since then I was always looking for good Mexican food. Well, if there's one Mexican food I would recommend it has got to be Cocina Juan.
The place
The place (2)
Cocina Juan is a Mexican food place located just along Maginhawa Street at Teachers Village, Quezon City. When you go inside you really won't think that it offers Mexican cuisine. There are artworks posted on every wall. You actually might think at first that it's an artist hub. The place is kind of small as well. Although there's an outdoor part and an air-conditioned part, the place would actually seat only quite a few customers. The place, though, has good air-conditioning. Plus, they have free wi-fi.
Cranberry Juice
Meaty Burrito
I was with some friends when I visited this place for the second time. My friend ordered some chicken wings for all of us, not knowing that this was a rice meal. He ordered adobo pasta while I got their meaty burrito. My other friends got other dishes as well. The burrito was delicious. It tasted the way it tasted when I ordered it during my first visit at Cocina Juan. Nevertheless, it grew smaller compared to the previous burrito I ordered. If I remember correctly the burrito before was bigger. This one was, like, cut in half. But, it was still good. I liked the beef and the vegetables inside. The sauce is to die for. It was like an aioli dip which was perfect for the burrito. The wrap was delicious and wasn't starchy at all. The chicken wings was another favorite of mine. The chicken wings were crunchy and had that kick of spiciness. The sauce was very delicious, though I was looking for some dip for the wings. I tried dipping it to the sauce of my burrito and it was perfect. I loved the dishes we ordered at Cocina Juan.
Adobo Pasta
Other Dishes My Friends Tried
It doesn't seem intriguing, but Cocina Juan offers delicious Mexican dishes for people within the Teachers Village area. It's very rare that restaurants offer Mexican food, and good Mexican food at that. Cocina Juan is one of those rare chances that you get to taste the perfect flavors of Mexico.
Cocina Juan
₱200
Meaty Burrito, Chicken Wings
Taste
Cocina Juan (Diliman)
Irresisitible Chicharrones and Chimichurri!
My friends came for a casual al fresco Latin American dining. I was unable to resist the CRISPY CHIC
GourmetGetaways
2014-11-07
Cocina Fever
Cocina Juan has two (2) branches, one in Paranaque and the other one is in 100 Maginhawa St., Teache
MacoyPopoy
2013-03-30
A Hole in the Wall indeed
I was invited for a food tasting event at Cocina Juan. Since it was near my place, I chose to go he
team_aldous