Ms. Ria of Openrice invited me to savor the selection of food and drinks in the newly opened Caffe La Tea located in Congressional Avenue, Quezon City. According to the owners, this establishment originally opened in Dagupan then subsequently expanded to new horizons in Manila, particularly Anonas, Q.C., and Congressional Avenue Q.C. They tested out the waters for brand expansion in Manila, given their strong success in Dagupan.

I found the interiors to be reminiscent of a neighborhood cafe that caters to students, teenagers, or those who want a quiet, comfortable hang out nook. The place is fully airconditioned and can seat around 40 people. The staff are very attentive to the needs of customers. They serve a wide variety of dishes based on an international menu that has been well loved by Filipinos for a long time.

As for the food, I found their dishes to be a balance between affordable and tasty. I especially liked the Baby Back Ribs (Priced at 89 Php) to be the best dish. It consisted of slow cooked beef ribs with a thick meat sauce and topped with rice. The servings were pretty decent. My second favorite dish is the Chicken Katsudon (priced at 89 Php). It is by far the biggest dish from their menu. It consists of one-falf cut of a spring chicken fried to a golden crisp and served with fries. The taste reminds me of a popular Filipino chicken brand sold in Manila. My third favorite dish is the baked chicken wings priced at Php 169. It's actually a spicy themed chicken dish that has been a fan favorite in the restaurant. I like the sauce mix that comes with these tender wings.

As for the drinks and desserts, I particularly enjoyed the cookies and cream shake. At 119, this reasonably priced beverage is an overload of chocolate and milky goodness. It wasn't too sweet either. It truly satisfied my palate. As for dessert, I was content with the N.Y. Cheesecake at Php 59 pesos. While I found it to be a bit small, I was content with its creamy flavor. That really shows that l love milky and cheesy dishes that much.

For your food and coffee fix, visit Caffe La Tea, located at 16 Congressional Avenue, Project 8, Quezon City
Cabsy Longganisa Rice
Tasting Event
beef ribs, japanese katsudon
Taste
Deliciously Beautiful with Caffé La Tea
Open Rice Ph Open Snap Eat's a Date visit the Caffé La Tea located in Congressional Quezon City br
Melisa.sanchez
2016-03-16
Caffé La Tea - Cabanatuan's Pride in the Metro
A second round with OpenRicePH's Eat's A Date Event this time with Caffé La Tea! From the name itsel
JustJing
2016-03-09
Affordable But Great Quality Caffe in Metro Manila
This is my second time for Openrice food tasting event and I am very happy that they are inviting
Saleisha16