What I learned that time was never go to a restaurant that will close in 30 minutes.

My friend and I just want to hang out, and kill some time. We decided to pick a spot near our place and just have coffee.

Cocina Juan was one of my favorite restaurants near our place because they serve good mexican food. Although, they may be pricey but it was worth it.

That night, we weren't really looking for a place to eat but just a place where we can chat while having coffee. Perhaps we could order their wedges while my friend and I catch up.

To our disappointment, the waitress didn't allow us to order anymore. Well, that's a bit exaggerated. What I want to tell is the drink that we want to order is no longer available because, I quote her, "Ma'am, naka pack na po kasi yung mga pagkain at drinks e. Ang available na lang po is red iced tea." Well, for those who don't understand Filipino language, what she said was "The drink that you want to order is no longer available since my co-staff have already packed the ingredients. What's available is our red iced tea."

My friend worked in a hotel for so many years and she's now working as a food attendant in a luxurious cruise ship. She didn't let this pass. She insisted to speak with the owner but as expected, he's not there. Well, I convinced her not to make a scene because it would be pointless. I just told her to look for a different place instead of wasting our time arguing with them.

We believe that what they did to us was unfair. We were after all, a paying customer plus the place wasn't even closed. We still have 30 minutes to order. And we think it was unreasonable for them to offer only red iced tea.

Oh well, if guys still want to try this place. . .go for it since their food are good but just an advice, don't ever go there 30 minutes before closing.
2011-06-27
₱200
Carne Asada Soft Taco, Chicken Chimichurri, Potato Wedges
Taste
Cocina Juan (Diliman)
Irresisitible Chicharrones and Chimichurri!
My friends came for a casual al fresco Latin American dining. I was unable to resist the CRISPY CHIC
GourmetGetaways
2014-11-07
Cocina Fever
Cocina Juan has two (2) branches, one in Paranaque and the other one is in 100 Maginhawa St., Teache
MacoyPopoy
2013-03-30
A Hole in the Wall indeed
I was invited for a food tasting event at Cocina Juan. Since it was near my place, I chose to go he
team_aldous