It a Sunday, and Sunday means family day and on Sunday’s we would go to Church as a family and after we would have lunch at home but this time we went to SM Marikina to have our lunch because my Aunt and her leaving for Dubai that afternoon.
We got there at around 12 noon, just in time for lunch and just in time for lots of people to have lunch as well. So when we reached Gerry’s Grill that is located near Cyberzone, there were around 2 groups waiting for a table and we were 3rd. While waiting they checked out the menu to choose what will be ordering.
To our surprise, in just 5 minutes we got a place to sit, it seemed like people ate and ran haha. We got seated next to the bar and we were immediately approached by the waiter. He looked a little funny and all smiles while getting our order. He took our order and even though we kept on changing our order the waiter was still all jolly and funny and he kept on repeating our orders.
After 10 – 15 minutes our orders arrived, talk about fast service even though there were a lot of people inside the restaurant. Our orders were:Pork Sisig
– as always, it is always part of our meal every time we eat outside. This Sisig did not have any egg in it or at least it was not served with a raw egg. It came in a hot plate which was already mixed. The pork was cooked to perfection, chopped into small pieces and was flavorful. I added some toyo and chili sauce to it to add more flavor but as it is tasted perfect still. It was not oily at all and it was salty and a little touch of sweetness, just right.Garlic Chicken Mushroom
– it was the specialty of the month. It was chicken placed in a hot plate, smothered with mushroom gravy sauce, garlic bits and strips of vegetables. The skin had all the flavors and the meat in it was juicy and was flavorful as well and they were right it is their specialty as it tasted awesome.Chili Cheese Sticks
– my cousin and I ordered this as we liked spicy food but this was an exception. It was super hot haha. I could not handle it, although it tasted delicious as it had melted cheese and one long strand of green Jalapeño and white sauce to go with. I liked how it tasted but it was really hot even if I added a lot of the sauce. Baked Scallops
– this dish are Scallops baked with cheese on top of it. Scallop is a fan like shaped shell with meat in the middle, which is the yummy and edible part of the dish. I like this as the meat is not slimy at all and compliments well with the melted cheese.Inihaw na Pusit
– Another dish that was served in a hot plate. The squid was not tough to chew at all. It was tender and delicious when dipped in toyo and it may seem like it had some burnt parts it did not taste burnt at all.
Other dishes that they ordered that I was not able to have a taste where Puso ng Saging and Bulalo Soup.
For drinks we ordered Buko Juice, Ripe Mango Shake and Green Mango Shake.
All in all we had a great lunch, the place was packed with people, but the staff was on the go, constantly serving the people inside the restaurant. A little cramped up but the ambiance was perfect as it was not too stuffy or too cold and the restaurant had quite a high ceiling, which made the place look a little more spacious.
Chili Cheese Stick Php 125
Garlic Chicken Mushroom
Inihaw na Pusit
Date of Visit: 2010-10-17